Easy, delicious & soft, these Brownie Cookies are 1 of the most perfect additions to your dessert menu! Chocolatey, chewy and taste just like a brownie.
We love cookies around here. More so my Family loves cookies. He was really the one who got me into loving cookies more than anyone else.
So over the years, cookies have just been one of our go to comfort desserts because they are usually simple to whip up, everyone likes them and they are quick.
Some of my favorite cookies besides these Brownie Cookies over the years include The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, Easy No Bake Cookies and these Monster Cookies!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- Chewy on the inside and crackly on the outside they have the perfect texture when baked up.
- You can use a variety of different chocolates for different flavors, so switch it up depending on your preference.
- With these Brownie Cookies there is no chilling time required.
Whenever we whip up a batch of these Brownie Cookies, everyone goes nuts. They literally are my favorite brownie recipe halved and turned into cookies, so they literally are brownie in cookie form.
So if you are a huge lover or brownies anyways, then you have to try this recipe, they bake up a lot quicker than your traditional brownies and serve a lot more.
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIE COOKIES, STEP BY STEP: Full Guide
- In bowl whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In sauce pan over medium heat add your chocolate chips and butter.
- Whisk slowly until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and add sugar.
- Whisk together until sugar is incorporated.
- Add in your eggs one at a time whisking well after each addition.
- Lastly add in your vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour your chocolate mixture into your dry ingredients and stir until everything just comes together.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, scoop about 1 1/2 Tbs of batter onto sheet and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until tops are just crinkly and edges are slightly browned.
How easy is this recipe, if you double this recipe you will have yourself a delicious fudge brownie that is also seriously to die for. We use this brownie recipe pretty much for all of our brownies.
There is just a thing with chocolate flavored cookies that you can’t help to not love. I mean brownies in cookie form? How can you not!
Check Out Video
DOES YOUR BATTER NEED TO BE CHILLED?
No, you don’t have to chill your batter for this recipe. It will hold it’s shape perfectly fine right away from mixing. If you are nervous you can chill your batter for about 20 minutes and then scoop onto sheet.
Doing this will probably add a little longer time to baking, but like I said, we have never chilled the batter, you can let it sit for a few minutes and it thickens up slightly on it’s own.
HOW TO STORE BROWNIE COOKIES:
- ROOM TEMP: Properly stored in an airtight container such as a zip top bag or Tupperware container, they should keep fresh for 2-3 weeks.
- FREEZER: To freeze these fresh baked Brownie Cookies cool completely on a wire rack and then place in an airtight container as above and they should keep for 6-8 months.
- FREEZING DOUGH: Chill your dough for about 20 minutes and then using a cookie scoop place onto parchment lined baking sheet and place in freezer for a few hours, remove and store in freezer bags. To bake, let come to room temperature overnight and then bake a few minutes longer than according to directions.
We love to keep our cookie dough frozen, especially for cookies when we make double batches so we always have some on hand at all times.
It’s so easy to pop them out of the freezer and then bake. I think at any given time we have some sort of cookie dough stored in our freezer.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING BROWNIE COOKIES:
- You can use any chocolate you’d like for these, chocolate chips such as milk, dark or semi-sweet chocolate, also you can use the same amount in baking chocolate.
- There is no need to chill the batter before baking these cookies, they may look wet, you can let the batter sit for a few minutes and it will come together tighter, but ever right after mixing and scooping onto baking pan they will bake up fine.
- You can add some additional add-ins depending on the season or your mood, want extra chocolate? Add some mini chocolate chips. You can always add peppermint chips, toffee bits, etc.
- Do not over bake, they will get hard. Make sure the center still looks a little moist when you pull them out of the oven and the edges are just set, they will keep cooking when removed.
If you want a delicious cookie recipe to add to your dessert menu, these Brownie Cookies are surely to become a family favorite that you will keep coming back to!
If you’ve tried these BROWNIE COOKIES or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and what shenanigans I’m getting into!